Position: English Editor
Type of Employment: One Year Contract
Report to: CEO
Application Deadline: February 11, 2014
This position is responsible to ensure error free expressions in English of professional standard in all types of knowledge products of Eminence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Do the professional English language editing of various kinds of reports, research papers, policy briefs, communication materials, booklets, leaflets, and other kinds of knowledge products as and when required under the direction of the CEO.
- Review and edit all kinds of web contents that are to be published in Eminence Websites.
- Review and edit all materials for style and tone, grammatical correctness, clarity, appropriate reading level, and consistency with regulations, style and format of the requirements of professional English language.
- Provide review support and supervise other members of the organization to improve grammatical correctness, clarity and readability in their writings.
- Review and editing of press releases, op-eds and commentary produced by Eminence for ensuring communicability of the all press materials.
Bachelor Degree in Public Health/ Development Studies/ Social Science from a North American/ British/ Australian university.
Native English speaker with experience of working as journalist/editor in any types of print media or editor in any international publishing house will be given preference.
- Public health, nutrition and food security and development sector in general.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent editorial skills.
- Strong proof-reading skill.
- Analytical ability over social science in general.
- Excellent interpersonal skill to work in a multicultural team.
- Leadership skill.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization.
- Time management skills.
- Team Player, Positive, Result Oriented, Proactive, Problem Solving.
Also please visit the bdjobs website for the updates.