Position : Coordinator
Department : Finance
Level : Head of Department
Type of Employment : Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer
Application Deadline : December 31, 2013
Responsible for overall Financial and Accounting Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement Financial Policy and Procedure.
- Oversee major activities of all sections of the department including partner organizations.
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures related within the scope of responsibilities.
- Develop financial planning and budgeting.
- Develop and administer Budget guideline.
- Ensure adequate Cash flow to meet the organization requirements.
- Analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, forecasts for savings and over-expenditures.
- Forecast and follow up regular receivables and consolidate cash flow from all sources.
- Follow up of collection of receivables.
- Follow up meeting of the set deadlines.
- Ensure fund flow to the project operation and partner organizations in coordination with the project coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with the donors Financial Framework.
- Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Maintain audit working papers and files systematically.
- Follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable and ensure disaster recovery plans is in place.
- Monitor Banking activities.
- Payroll administration, Tax computations and returns, account/bank reconciliations.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Ensure expenditure appearing in the budget has a reasonable justification.
- Prepare periodic project budgets and monitor the same on monthly basis.
- Field monitoring and spot checks of financial documents financial management.
- Manages all contracts and ensure that all contracts for services meet minimum standards are in compliance with local laws and grantor policies/regulations.
- Develop a common reporting program for reporting team.
- Produce, review and update all financial reports for internal and donor reporting purposes.
- Ensure that the reporting requirements of different stake holders are met accordingly.
- Develop the financial and administrative manual for effective management and control of resources.
- Establishes performance standards and conduct annual evaluation and performance review of the finance team.
- Ensure all staff in the department has a clear work plan and a learning and development plan which are logically related to the department’s objectives.
- Other duties performed within the scope of responsibilities
University Degree (Finance/Accounting) / M. Com./ M.B.A(Finance/Accounting)/ CA/ ACCA.
Minimum 10 years of experience of which 3 years in NGO/INGO.
Auditing, Banking, Accounting, Finance, P&L Statement, Analyzing Information, Reporting, Tax Laws & Regulations, Advance English.
- Strong organization and analytical skill
- Full proficiency in Office software package
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet, database, Financial software
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Leadership skill
Team Player, Positive, Result Oriented, Proactive, Problem Solving.