Position : Coordinator
Department: Equity, Governance, Environment and Urbanization
Level: Head of Department
Type of Employment : Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer
Application Deadline : December 31, 2013
Overall responsibility to lead, coordinate and implementation of programs in the area of Equity, Governance, Environment and Urbanization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish short and long-term strategic goals in Equity, Governance, Environment and Urbanization programs to support organizational objectives.
- Investigate needs and feasibility of relevant program interventions in compliance with Eminence’s strategy develops program.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy for relevant programs.
- Lead the assessment, research and design of project proposals, concept notes etc.
- Identify priorities in the design of work plans, and establish a timely and participatory work planning process.
- Monitor risk factors, supervise and supports project staff and consultants in achieving program objective and outcome.
- Responsible for the supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation for the projects.
- Ensure that procedures are established and adhered to for Equity, Governance, Environment and Urbanization related activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement and budgeting.
- Ensure timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results.
- Enhance capacity of the department including the development of Proposal, Concept, appropriate Materials and Training programs for successful implementation of the projects.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all partners, including the funder, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners.
- Develop strategic partnerships at national level and attend key events, meetings to achieve departmental objectives.
- Develop knowledge management systems to share lessons learnt, best practices and ensure lessons feed into program development and policy interventions.
- Ensure timely production and submission of progress reports to Eminence/ Partners.
- Lead and facilitate internal organizational analysis and reflection of capacities.
- Lead the team ensuring departmental function is efficient and effective.
- Ensure effective collaboration between programs and Finance, HR and Administration.
- Provide guidance and motivation to build strong team work and retention.
Post Graduate degree in Social Science preferably in Development Studies/ Environment Management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related programs in which 3 years as a leading position.
- Experience working with local or international partner organization or donor agencies on large-scale programs.
- Knowledge in developing proposal, concepts, strategies and interventions to address nutrition and development issues
- Knowledge in program design, implementation and M&E.
- Excellent knowledge in project management and frameworks.
- Sound understanding of the international programming in developing sector.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Strong network and interpersonal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports.
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning and partnership building.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Presentation skill and computer literacy.
- Leadership skill.
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission.
- Approachable, flexible, creative and supportive.
- Diplomacy, tact and Strong judgment – able to assess situation, take responsibility and act accordingly.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Great team player and manager.