Position : Coordinator
Department : Nutrition and Food Security
Level : Head of Department
Type of Employment : Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to :Chief Operations Officer
Application Deadline : December 31, 2013
Strengthen Eminence’s visibility and to ensure that all Nutrition and Food Security program activities are implemented, monitored and evaluated in a timely manner and in line with strategic objective.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the nutrition and food security units.
- Establish short and long-term strategic goals in Nutrition and Food Security programs to support organizational objectives.
- Investigate needs and feasibility of relevant nutrition interventions in compliance with Eminence’s strategy develops program targeting under nutrition in coordination with food security accordingly.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy for Nutrition and Food Security programs.
- Lead the assessment, research, training, advocacy and design of project proposals, concept notes etc.
- Identify priorities in the design of work plans, and establish a timely and participatory work planning process..
- Monitor risk factors, supervise and supports project staff and consultants in achieving program objective and outcome.
- Ensure that procedures are established and adhered to for Nutrition and Food related activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement and budgeting.
- Ensure timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results.
- Enhance capacity of Nutrition and Food Security department including the development of Proposal, Concept, appropriate Materials and Training programs for successful implementation of the projects.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all nutrition partners, including the funder, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners.
- Develop strategic partnerships at national level and attend key events, meetings to achieve departmental objectives.
- Develop knowledge management systems to share lessons learnt, best practices and ensure lessons feed into nutrition program development and policy interventions.
- Ensure timely production and submission of progress reports to Eminence/ Partners.
- Lead and facilitate internal organizational analysis and reflection of capacities.
- Lead the team ensuring departmental function is efficient and effective.
- Ensure effective collaboration between programs and Finance, HR and Administration.
- Provide guidance and motivation to build strong team work and retention.
Post Graduate degree (PhD preferable) in Social Science preferably in Public Health/ Nutrition/Food Security.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in nutrition and food security related programs in which 5 years as a leading position.
- Experience working with local or international partner organization or donor agencies on large-scale programs.
- Knowledge in developing proposal, concepts, strategies and interventions to address nutrition and development issues.
- Knowledge in program design, implementation and M&E.
- Excellent knowledge in project management and frameworks.
- Sound understanding of the international programming in Nutrition and Food Security sector for developing countries.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Strong network and interpersonal skill
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports.
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning and partnership building.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Computer literacy.
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission.
- Approachable, flexible, creative and supportive.
- Diplomacy, tact and Strong judgment – able to assess situation, take responsibility and act accordingly.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Team player and manager.