Position : Coordinator
Department : Health
Level : Head of Department
Type of Employment : Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to : Chief Operations Officer
Application Deadline :December 31, 2013
Lead and ensure overall functions and programs focusing Non – communicable disease, Communicable disease and Maternal Child Health of Health department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the four different units (communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health and Family Planning and SRH).
- Establish short and long-term strategic goals in health programs to support organizational objectives.
- Develop strategy and plan for achieving goals.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy.
- Lead the assessment, research and design of health project proposals, concept notes etc.
- Identify priorities in the design of work plans, and establish a timely and participatory work planning process..
- Supervise and supports project staff and consultants in achieving program objective and outcome.
- Ensure that procedures are established and adhered to for health related activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement and budgeting.
- Ensure timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results.
- Enhance capacity of Health department including the development of Proposal, Concept, appropriate Materials and Training programs for successful implementation of the projects.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all partners, including the funder, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners.
- Develop strategic partnerships at national level and attend key events, meetings to achieve departmental objectives.
- Develop knowledge management systems to share lessons learnt, best practices and ensure lessons feed into health program development and policy interventions.
- Ensure timely production and submission of progress reports to Eminence/ Partners.
- Lead and facilitate internal organizational analysis and reflection of capacities.
- Lead the team ensuring departmental function is efficient and effective.
- Ensure effective collaboration between programs and Finance, HR and Administration.
- Provide guidance and motivation to build strong team work and retention.
Post Graduate degree (PhD preferable) of Social Science/ Medical/ Public Health.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in public health development programs in which 3 years as a leading position.
- Experience working with local or international partner organization or donor agencies on large-scale programs.
- Knowledge in developing proposal, concepts, strategies, report writing and interventions to address health and development issues.
- Knowledge in program design, implementation and M&E.
- Excellent knowledge in project management and frameworks.
- Sound understanding of the international programming in Health sector for developing countries.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Strong network and interpersonal skill.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports.
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning and partnership building.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Presentation skill and computer literacy.
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission.
- Approachable, flexible, creative and supportive.
- Diplomacy, tact and Strong judgment – able to assess situation, take responsibility and act accordingly.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Team player and manager.