Position : Coordinator
Department : Communication, Media and ICT
Level : Head of Department
Type of Employment : Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to : Chief Operations Officer
Application Deadline : December 31, 2013
Enhance Eminence’s visibility and lead communication programs in national and international development sector in order to strengthen organization’s profile.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the communication department including four units (media, mass media, social media and ICT).
- Establish short and long-term strategic goals in terms of communication to support organizational objectives.
- Creation, management and coordination of content and communications activities.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy through communication programs.
- Develop key communications messages and campaigns.
- Identify priorities in the design of work plans; establish a timely and participatory work planning process.
- Develop close working relationship with other departments for identify organizational position and promotion of the value of Eminence.
- Plan, lead and raise media profile.
- Act as spoke person of the organization.
- Build strong relationship with electronic and printing media nationally and internationally.
- Develop annual communication budget and work plan.
- Ensure quality of communications production and activities.
- Ensure that procedures are established and adhered to for communications related activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement and budgeting.
- Plan, Co-ordinate, Direct and Design ICT/MIS related projects.
- Create, support, and improve internal ICT systems and processes to aid in administration.
- Work with other team members to update and implement disaster recovery plans through ICT.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement and support suitable technology solutions for various projects.
- Develop and administer LMS/LCMS.
- Ensure timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all partners, including the funder, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners.
- Develop strategic partnerships at national and international level and attend key events, meetings to achieve departmental objectives.
- Develop knowledge management systems to share lessons learnt, best practices and ensure lessons feed into nutrition program development and policy interventions.
- Ensure timely production and submission of progress reports to Eminence/ Partners.
- Lead and facilitate internal organizational analysis and reflection of capacities.
- Lead the team ensuring departmental function is efficient and effective.
- Ensure effective collaboration between programs and Finance, HR and Administration.
- Provide guidance and motivation to build strong team work and retention.
Advanced international degree (PhD preferable) of communications, marketing, journalism, international relations or a related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in communications in which 3 years as a leading position.
- Experience working with local or international partner organization or donor agencies.
- Sound knowledge in developing communication network.
- Sound knowledge in content management system.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skill.
- Communication skill.
- Facilitate interactive discussions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to deliver results.
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports.
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning and partnership building.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Presentation skill and computer literacy.
- Leadership skill.
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission.
- Approachable, flexible, creative and supportive.
- Diplomacy, tact and Strong judgment – able to assess situation, take responsibility and act accordingly.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Team player and manager.