Position : Chief Advisor
Type of Employment: Contractual (2 years Contract, extendable)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Application Deadline: December 31, 2013
The position shall be responsible for developing and overseeing all of the Eminence’s development, communications and fundraising strategies to build and expand its visibility and financial resources. S/he will maintain its focus on resource development plan. The Chief Advisor will work with the Chief Technical Officer and will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technical Officer and Business Development Team as well as knowledge management team establishing short and long-term goals for strategic activities.
- Develop strategy and plan for achieving goals with an outline of partner organizations, donors; outreach and messaging strategies for each.
- Development and implementation of Eminence’s Fundraising strategy.
- In collaboration with the Business Development team, define clear and measurable activities to identify, cultivate and solicit donors to be integrated in the annual departmental plan.
- Provide information on donors and their policies, priorities, political changes; and research and advice on new funding opportunities.
- Develop and grow Eminence’s individual donor base: identify high net worth individuals, customize their experience with organization and close deals.
- Represent the organization to funding partners, including individual, foundation and corporate executives and participate in and support special projects and events.
- Ensure smooth co-ordination and good relations with partner organizations, donors, UN organizations, Embassy.
- Ensure positive relation with Government.
- Contribute to the assessment, research and design of funding proposals, concept note etc.
- Lead cross-organization teams to development of proposals, concept note etc; and coordinating the internal review process.
- Development of Eminence’s Communications and Public Relations Strategy.
- Develop an understanding of Eminence’s comparative advantage in the development sector and its positioning with key stakeholders.
- Development of organizational systems.
- Lead, manage and mentor the team of leadership and continue to expand structure and professionally develop the team as needed.
- Provide coaching, training and tools to the leadership team members to improve performance and fund raising capacity throughout the organization.
- Attend Board meetings and provide progress reports on fundraising events and activities; provide other reports and statements as requested.
Masters or PhD preferably of Economics, Management.
- Ex-secretary in ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or Ministry of Local GovernmentÂÂÂÂÂÂ .
- Minimum 30 years of professional experience in a development function managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources; and/or business development experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in raising resources from a variety of sources.
- Experience in working with the international development sector.
- Sound understanding of the international programming in the field of public health, sustainable development, climate change, education, governance in developing countries.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Knowledge of the legislation, regulations and financial issues relating to fundraising preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and engage a wide range of funders and stakeholders.
- Ability to take a broad, strategic view of the issues affecting the organization’s role in the development sector and the long term impact of decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission.
- Ability to travel to attend meeting, conference, seminar, workshop locally and internationally.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events.
- Approachable, flexible, creative and supportive.