Probation period 6 months (may be extended for performance reasons)
Specific duties and responsibilities in technical matters
- Support the overall operations of the technical projects of Eminence regarding the respective thematic area (Urban Health)
- Work closely with the Associate Coordinator (Urban Health) in implementing regular and periodical activities of Bangladesh Urban Health Network – BUHN (www.uhnbd.net)
- Assist in developing reports on research conducted or projects implemented
- Conduct desk and field research with extensive field visits to any part of the country
- Develop project proposals and compile them according to donor formats including log frames
- Be actively involved in fundraising initiatives
- Develop linkages with relevant stakeholders
- Support preparations for workshops and seminars
- Develop good understanding of project management
- Establish and maintain cross communication with sectors across Eminence and partners
- Support planning processes of the projects
- Support delegates and field staff in relation to program issues and implementation.
Specific duties and responsibilities in coordination matters
- Maintain an open and mutually supportive working relationship with supervisor and other staff
- Provide regular updates to the Associate Coordinator (Urban Health).
- Assist in the collaboration, maintain close contacts and frequent exchange with BUHN and its members
- Represent the organization in network related meetings and forums.
- Be an active networker with the various stakeholders on all issues related to focus areas
- MBBS/MPH/ Masters in Development Studies/Population Science/Economics or any other relevant field
- At least 2 years experience in related field. Experience of working in the urban health is desirable.
Additional Job Requirements
- Excellent command over written and spoken English is a must
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office (preferable 2007/2010 package)
- Strong interest to build up a career in the development sector
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills, especially in formatting graphs, diagrams and tables
- Proven analytical ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team
- Good understanding of professional etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, and under challenging circumstances in the field, and meet deadlines
This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.